Thursday, June 28, 2007

Spiritual Capital -Wealth we can live by



I have just finished reading a book called Spiritual Capital by Dahah Zohar and Ian Marshall.A great book for any leader wanting to understand top level leadership for the 21st century. Here is an extract from the book.

I believe that global business has the money and the power to make a significant difference in today's troubled world and that by making the difference it can help itself as well as others. I envision business raising its sights above the bottom line.I envision business becoming a vocation, like the higher professions. To make this possible I believe that business must add a moral dimension, becoming more service and value orientated and largely eliminating the assumed natural distinction between private enterprise and public institutions. I envisage business taking responsibility for the world in which it operates and from which it creates its wealth. And I envisage myself becoming one of those business leaders who are "servant leaders" - leaders who serve not just shareholders, colleagues, employees, products and customers but leaders who also serve the community, the planet, humanity, the future and life itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Bookmark and Share Follow Me on Pinterest