Sunday, September 04, 2011

Living Stones





Today at church we were challenged by a story about precious stones. This reminded me of my own message about stones. Beautiful precious stones set in a ring given to me about 4 years ago by a work colleague. At the time I was overwhelmed by the gift but more challenged about the message that accompanied the gift.

At the time I had left the parent/child industry and had no plans to return. The Prophetic message that I was given was one about being an influence in the country for women and children.

The beautiful ring had three semi precious stones. The colours were explained to me as follows;
Green/Blue stone - A reminder to remain in the stream of living water
Purple: A reminder of God's anointing
The last stone reflects 2 colours.
Pink- The Bride of Christ- That I would never be alone
Gold- The blessing of God.

I spent many hours praying about this message. I searched the Bible and asked friends to pray for me. It was in this season that I cried out to God to only do work that would honor this journey. The season was filled with pain, character building, releasing relationships and renewing my mind.

Today 4 years later I do find myself back in the parent/child industry. There is never a day that goes by that I do not first ask God to lead me, open the right doors and close those that need closing.

We serve a mighty God who knows us in our uniqueness. He knew us before we were born. There is such peace to find this very special place.

There are two pieces of scripture that helped me to understand this journey and promise.

Isaiah 54 vs. 11-15

Jerusalem, you are sad and discouraged, tossed around in a storm.
But I the Lord will rebuild your city with precious stones.
For your foundation I will use blue sapphires,
your fortress will be built with rubies,
your gates of jewels and your walls of gems.
I will teach your children and make them successful.


1 Peter 2 vs 4-6

Come to Jesus Christ. He is the living stone that people have rejected but which God has chosen and highly honored. And now you are living stones that are being used to build a spiritual home. You are also a group of holy priests and with the help of Jesus Christ you will offer sacrifices that please God. It is just as God says in scriptures.

Look I am placing in Zion a choice and precious cornerstone.
No one who has faith in that one will be disappointed.

Each of us are precious stones in the eyes of our Lord. He gives us the gift of choice and would love to add you to His House.
Me and my family, we will serve the Lord.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Bookmark and Share Follow Me on Pinterest