Friday, January 04, 2019

Fruit in season- a word of encouragement




I love the verses in the bible about fruit, trees alongside the river and the blessings of seed time and harvest. They have always spoken to my heart. Our lives are filled with battles and blessings and HIS timing is not always our time.

I moved to Hartbeespoort Dam in 2007. My sister-in-law, Marina gave me a lemon tree as a gift. Each year passed by with prolific growth of the tree but NO lemons.

At the same time when I moved here, I made the decision to work for myself again. My work life has been a little like my lemon tree. Prolific growth, opportunities but often left scrapping to make ends meet at month end. I am grateful for the journey. I have learned many lessons but long for a season of prosperity where each month there is enough and the opportunity to bless others.

Along the way I was reminded that between seed-time and harvest there is time for growth before harvest. A time to rest, to water and grow. These seasons are not easy, but bring a sense of peace, new ideas and growth of character. No time is ever wasted.

Verses like this one in Psalms chapter one encouraged me to continue the journey

but those whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditate on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither
whatever they do prospers.

My lemon tree had beautiful strong leaves for eleven years but NO fruit
His time is not our time.
We need to wait on the Lord, rest and grow.

I arrived home this week and went outside to take a look at my garden.
My lemon tree had FRUIT. More than 4 lemons.


My verse I felt God wanted for me in 2019 was Jeremiah 29: 11


Seeing the lemons was like a personal message from God to say I hear you and watch over you. I am encouraged and look forward to FRUIT IN SEASON in 2019.

The simple ways of life and the extraordinary way in which HE speaks to each of us is part of the mystery of our relationship with God.

I encourage you in 2019 to deepen your walk, follow the path of life filled with battles and blessings and be expectant of a hope and a future of life filled with abundance of streams of living water.


1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one Linda �� May there be much fruit in your life...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Bookmark and Share Follow Me on Pinterest