Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Vulnerable Children of the World

Bronwyn is on a three month leadership school in Bangkok and is being exposed to some wonderful global material that she has been sharing with me.

She sent through this wonderful quote today:
" Every child has a name, a passion, a story, and a place in history. There are no ordinary children." Dr Elizabeth Youmans- Principia international

She also shared with me a wonderful networking site for christian groups working with children. www.viva.org
According to this site there are more than one billion vulnerable children in the world. It blows the mind. How do we make a difference when the number is so large.I know the answer is one at a time but I do believe that technology and connections can go along way to make a difference as well.
I certainly commit to thinking through how I can make a dent in this number and allow more children to complete their story and have a positive place in history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Bookmark and Share Follow Me on Pinterest