Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Cross


Today at church we planted a new metal cross on the hill in the rocks. This we did as a symbol of re-dedication of our lives, the community and the valley to God. It was a very emotional time and I was reminded of the simple lessons I have learned from the cross.

The cross has 2 directions. The vertical relationship reminds me of my relationship with God and the horizontal the relationship with people. These are both important in our lives.

At times in my life when I need to make decisions and these are tough, I look to the cross- roads for answers and peace in all that I do.

At other times when I carry burdens with no answers, I lay them at the foot of the cross and wait for God to help me through these times.

Thank you for the cross, Lord.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM , Blogger Dipesh Dipu said...

That's revelation to me. God has His ways to lead us to satisfaction for our thirsting souls. Today when I am browsing through the net trying to fall asleep, He tells me a new meaning of the cross! He is amazing.

Bless you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Bookmark and Share Follow Me on Pinterest