Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Bible Verse 2015



I have just finished reading Bill Hybels new book called Simplify. A great book to read as one is thinking about a new year and a new season. Tomorrow will be the beginning of 2015 and within a few hours 2014 will come to a close. There are many lessons in this book and one of the chapters deals with choosing a " Bible verse" to define your year.

This verse should not just be your favorite verse but one that you have chosen prayerfully and will help define your year. It needs to challenge you, help keep you on track and be a constant reminder of your journey for 2015.

I have been praying over the past few weeks about this and the words water, fruit and trees filled my Spirit. There are many verses in the Bible where these words are part of stories and teaching. The challenge for me was which verse was the one that I need for 2015.

There is another book that has influenced me on my journey and I read it every year. It is called Streams of Living Water by Richard Foster. I will start to read this again from tomorrow as each time I read it, I learn and grow in my walk with God.

The verse for 2015 for me is found in Revelations, chapter 22, verses 1 and 2.

"Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of the street.On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

I am sure as I read, study, and pray I will have more understanding of why this scripture is significant for me in 2015. I will continue to share and encourage others throughout the year and from time to time share my journey.

Each of us is on a journey. Each journey has a number of seasons and I know with the death of my Mom in 2014 that a season has drawn to a close. 2015 will bring a new season and at this stage I am not certain of the picture. Nations, fruit, Tree of life and twelve fruit are words that will be more clearly defined as the season and journey unfolds.

It does not matter that the picture is not clear. Samual Manus in his book Streams of Living Water states the following: "The trees the Lord plants will be watered and bring forth much fruit. The fruit is the product of the Holy Spirit and is not by the efforts of the flesh."

I pray that your New Year will be filled with blessings, lessons, family , friends and clarity of direction for your life. Remember your life is not a dress rehearsal. You have ONE amazing life. Live it well into eternity. No-one else can walk the journey you are meant to fulfill.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Bookmark and Share Follow Me on Pinterest