Sunday, May 24, 2015

Connecting the dots in my life



This past week I had a flashback to a moment in my life about 25 years ago. That takes me back to around 1990. At the time I owned a business called Educational School Supplies. There was an amazing product that I sold called Brain Child. It was an international company that had chosen South Africa as a place of manufacture. Sadly the company went into liquidation and there was an announcement of an auction that would take place at the factory. I love auctions and wanted to purchase some of these products for my business. The factory was in Botshabelo about 40 km from Bloemfontein airport. Just before I left one of my educational suppliers asked me if I was going to the auction and if I would buy on his behalf as well. He gave me a signed cheque with a limit of
 R 50 000. A lot of money in those days. On the day of the auction, all the main educational toy outlets around South Africa gathered at the factory. Due to the large amount of money I had been given I became the largest bidder of the day and container loads of these beautiful toys were transported back to Gauteng. It was a sad moment of a closing business and the end of an amazing range of educational products.

Last week I found myself again in Botshabelo. This time with BrainBoosters. We have been invited to be a service provider on a project for 27 schools, 250 educators and 12 000 learners in the area over the next 6 months. An opportunity to make a difference to the area and pour in skills, knowledge and education. The start of a South African educational company adding value and life to this area.

Sometimes it takes time to see the hand of God on ones life. Moment by moment, step by step and in tune spiritually and the masterpiece unfolds. I am grateful.



1 Comments:

At 12:31 PM , Anonymous Karina Strydom said...

Great moment Lynda!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Bookmark and Share Follow Me on Pinterest